
Don played golf in the rain this morning while I worked hard to finish quilting the "15 Short Stories" quilt. I did manage to finish the quilting before Don got home. After lunch, we went into Perth to pick up our 3 shelf brackets, among other things. As you can see, it was a dreary afternoon in the pedestrian precinct of Perth. (How's that for a bit of alliteration?)
We did get the brackets, but also we were looking for a laundry hamper and a new tablecloth as the ones we have are either too small or too large for when we have guests. We had no luck finding either in downtown Perth but did find a laundry hamper at Tescos where we shopped and picked up gas before driving home.
Don is making us a wonderful meal of turkey "veal" cutlets and I must go dress the salad. The less said about the rest of my day, the better. Let's just say I'm not sure what the solution is to covering up the seam where I had to piece my quilt top together. I tried couching a gold thread over the top but it looked too random. So I tried adding another gold thread going the other way but Don says it really doesn't make sense and detracts from the quilt. I think he's right so I'll just have to sleep on it and see what I can come up with tomorrow. My friend Floris Flam had a wonderful phrase for this: "Sometimes," she wrote in an e-mail, " we are called to heights of creativity when we'd just as soon have passed up the opportunity." I couldn't agree more!

No comments:
Post a Comment