20 June 2006

Bright Morning


We sometimes have spells where there are very bright sunshiney mornings. At 7 or so when we get up, it is absolutely gorgeous, but by 9 the clouds and even showers have moved in. This may be one of those days. Here's a photo taken at about 7:15 this morning. It is my view each morning when I go into the utility room to work my daily acrostic puzzle. Now it's 9:30 and the blue skies and sunshine are gone. Reason number 1 for getting up early. We had this experience a lot when we were tourists in Scotland. I'd wake up at the first crack of morning, peek through the heavy curtains in our B&B room and think "Oh, it's going to be a gorgeous day!" I'd go back to bed for an hour or so and then we'd get up, get dressed, and when we'd open the curtains it would be raining! It would rain or remain cloudy and cool all day long and then round about 9:15, the sun would come out and there'd be the most amazing sunset.

It is time to get ready to go to my weekly Pilates session. My friend Trish Hamilton and I go together as it's a half-hour's drive to the hamlet of Fowlis Wester, on the road to Perth. I'll take the camera along today and snap a shot of Fowlis Wester and the view from up there as it is a lovely wee hamlet up on a hill with spectacular views over the rolling Perthshire countryside.

Don's out playing golf. No action on the house today but perhaps in the afternoon we can get the trellis/planter put together and planted.

No comments: