The roof tiles arrived this morning. Bill tells me the tiler has promised to start work on Wednesday. Bill also spoke with the brickies who came sometime at the weekend to measure the fireplace opening. They will begin work on the chimney sometime this week.
Meanwhile, our postie's access to the picnic table on our bricked-in terrace where we've placed the lidded plastic box that serves as our temporary mailbox, has been cut off by all the supplies waiting for tradesmen to come use them. This, of course, is also our access to pick up our mail. So now we must come up with a new mail drop-off point. When Don comes back from his morning golf game, we'll put our heads together and see what we can come up with.
I am hard at work in my studio on yet another new quilt top. (You can see a bit of it in the photo above, which was taken from one of the 2 new windows for the studio extension.) This quilt uses left over circles from a Japanese-style quilt that is now hanging in our bedroom. The new top is coming together nicely and I'm having fun with it; however, "building" a new quilt top is done standing up and my right knee is beginning to protest, especially as I was at this for about 4 hours yesterday too.
This afternoon, though, I will be sitting down during the weekly So and Sews meeting at Mary's. I shall put my supplies in a basket and walk the roughly two blocks to Mary's house and then spend the next two hours doing the hand-sewing on the piece I finished on Saturday. In addition to tacking down the binding, I suspect it needs a few beads here and there. Can you tell I'm having a good time?
When I get home from So and Sews but before dinner, I will practice a couple of choruses from "The Seasons" so that I'm prepared for tonight's chorus rehearsal. I have rented a "part tape" which is a special organ version of all the vocal parts of the choruses with different stops representing soprano, alto, tenor, and bass as well as soloists. Altos are oboe stops. How appropriately elegant! The tape helps tremendously when there is no piano available to bash out my notes on.
The photo below the one of my studio, is of some early irises I saw in someone's garden as I walked back home with my newspaper yesterday morning. These were quite small, perhaps only 6 inches from the ground and each flower the size of a silver dollar. Aren't they lovely and unusual? I've never seen any irises this colour before.
27 February 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment