
One result of the mild weather we've had is that some summer flowers have continued to bloom and some spring flowers have decided it must be spring and they have begun to bloom. This morning I walked to the post office to mail a couple of parcels to the States and was amazed to see Forsythia and other spring flowers in bloom here in December. Our mallows are blooming near the garage and many of the plants in our front bed and in the window boxes continue to bloom. The photo is of the straggly tall rose that stands adjacent to the new garden arch. It has bloomed continuously since April. Other people have mentioned various spring plants that have begun to bloom in their gardens too. We are all concerned about what will happen when a sudden frost comes along. I guess we'll see, won't we? Right now it continues to be fairly mild (~50) though rainy.
Don overslept and didn't get out of the house in time to play with the seniors in St. Fillans this morning, so he phoned Alec Coll to see if he'd like to go out to the Comrie Course. He did, so I made a pot of porridge to stoke Don up for the great outdoors. They played in the wind and rain but didn't quite make it to 18 holes. Don's game is coming back, getting better each month. He is greatly relieved.
I made cream of mushroom soup for our lunch yesterday and Don has said I can have the one portion that is left. Then I'll get back into the studio and return to quilting the Hearts quilt for wee Amelie. Right now, it's time for lunch.

No comments:
Post a Comment