10 July 2007

Raspberries!

From our neighbour's fence in the back garden come rambling raspberries. Each year about this time, we manage to get a couple of handfuls of raspberries to put on cereal or to eat with strawberries out of a bowl. These small round berries are sweeter than they are sour and the seeds are so small that you can eat the berries and not be bothered by the seeds. This year's crop seems to be abundant. I have already brought in about a pint in just the past 3 days.


This morning I finished doing laundry, got sheets and tea towels hung on the line, and went to Pilates while Don played golf with the Comrie Seniors. This afternoon he had a golf lesson and ran errands for us in Crieff while I baked some banana bread.

1 comment:

artmixter said...

Put rasps in a pot, heat gently, add a little Cointreau and maybe a shaking of icing sugar, stir til rasps begin to break up. Pour sauce over slice of banana bread (slightly warmed is good), add dollop of good vanilla ice cream and serve.
Drool.